When we look at the grocery store, premade bars and snacks can be expensive and loaded with things that we might not really want in our home.
Energy bites are a favorite, quick snack(sometimes even a quick meal on the go) in our home.
The nice part about them is that this is a base recipe meaning that you can add in your favorite protein powder or swap out chocolate chips for nuts or raisins or even a healthy candy-coated chocolate :)
So lets get to it!
No-Bake Evergy Bites
* 1 cup organic rolled oats
* 2/3 cup organic shredded coconut flakes(unsweetened because the sweetened is loaded with things we don't want or need)
* 1/2 cup creamy nut butter(we prefer peanut butter)
* 1/2 cup ground flaxseed(healthy fiber or add in some protein powder)
* 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips(this can be left out or you can change it for something fun10
* 1/3 cup honey(raw is what we use)
* 1 Tbsp chia seeds(optional but so good that I think you should add it :) )
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
Go ahead and add all of these ingredients to a bowl and mix well!
We tend to make a 3x-4x a normal batch but we are feeding a small army plus they keep well in the freezer.
Once they are mixed well, you can roll or scoop them into 1 inch balls.
Place them on a cookie sheet(I line mine with parchment paper for easy clean up) and freeze them for 3-4 hours.
Then store in a ziplock baggie in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 6 months.
Okay, I literally laughed out loud because I am lucky if they last a week here!!
So there you have it a healthy and super easy recipe everyone in your house will love!
Some fun additions that we like to add are essential oils like cinnamon bark, clove, nutmeg & ginger.
Please share ways that you make energy bites! I am always looking for new ideas!!